EHS Assistant - Sierra Leone
Camusat is a multinational company with its presence all over the world and
over 2700 employees. Since 40’s the Company has grown and developed 5 business lines such as telecom sites construction and installation, equipment installation and commissioning, power system renewable energies, fix and fiber optic networks and managed services, maintenance and operations.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our dynamic, goal-oriented and open-minded team.
To assist the EHS Manager to establish a safety-oriented culture throughout the Company and to ensure the implementation and compliance with environmental, health and safety rules and policies.
Job duties and responsabilities:
- To conduct job hazard analysis of all positions and update the documentation as needed,
- To assist EHS Manager to identify EHS training needs and coordinate EHS trainings (fire and safety, first aid trainings, risk management courses, etc…) both internally and in the field,
- To identify proactively opportunities for improvement in all areas of safety,
- To conduct the verification and conformity of facilities, work equipment and individual and collective protection equipment,
- To facilitate EHS Manager to hold safety committee meetings and to organizes awareness actions for the whole staff (waste management, safety rules on sites, etc.),
- To address any safety or environmental concerns with the EHS Manager immediately,
- To ensure that all employees on site have an updated safety passport,
- To make sure that sub-contractors are compliant with EHS standards required,
- To make sure that all teams to the field are well equipped with PPEs and in use,
- To organize regular Site inspection (Reporting/monitoring/ updating Corrective Action Plan),
- To organize regular Warehouse inspection (Reporting/monitoring/ updating Corrective Action Plan),
- To help EHS Manager to oversee the requirement and order personal and collective protection equipment,
- To ensure to be planed Medical Screening for the staff (internal/Outsource),
- To record site inspection, incident, accident report, Medical Screening and training and regular updating in the database,
- To oversee the proper waste and hazardous products management,
- To ensure that the Company has a valid contract with a regular company for waste and batteries recycling,
- To ensure driving risks measures and the follow-up,
- To ensure that all cars are in good condition with co-ordination to the fleet manager (first Aid Kits, safety belts…),
- To facilitate EHS Manager to oversee the respect by the team of EHS policies related to their specific tasks (waste and hazardous products management, fleet management, heigh works procedure, etc…)
Knowledge and required skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in a safety related program or equivalent,
- 2+ years’ experience in professional safety control
Knowledge and required skills:
- Control office software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Internet Explorer and Outlook Express,
- Reporting skills,
- Administrative skills,
- Certificate in risk management, First Aid,
- Language: French, English (depending on the country)
- Management/ Reactivity/ Strategic thinking/ Anticipation/ Discretion / Confidentiality / Organization/ Respect of deadlines / Coordinate action / Stress tolerance / Rigor.
Office Location / Address:
Additional information regarding this position is available with our Human Resources Department, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We ensure total confidentiality of all applications. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join us if you feel ready to take up the challenge!