Fiber Network Supervisor
Camusat is a multinational company with its presence all over the world and
over 2700 employees. Since 40’s the Company has grown and developed 5 business lines such as telecom sites
construction and installation, equipment installation and commissioning, power system renewable energies, fix and
fiber optic networks and managed services, maintenance and operations. We are looking for a talented individual to
join our dynamic, goal-oriented and open-minded team.
Optical Fiber Network Designer & Supervisor builds communication networks from the ground up and monitors the network implementation. As a designer, he/she is responsible for conceptualizing and planning the creation of the fiber network. They will also supervise the daily support and service delivery of certain Telecom services, especially focused on operational support of all telecom equipment, ensuring that sustainment activities are being delivered appropriately as stated in below:
- Site Survey for ring and distribution network, collecting information from the field related to existing infrastructures, best route alternative for the new cable network, type of terrain, type of road, identify all the potential blocking points and create alternative solution.
- Digitize all the survey information into CAD tools. Preferential AutoCAD and Google Earth. All the information captured in the field must be digitized.
- Create all the documents for ROW’s as per city council and client demands.
- Produce final designs to costumer of the Fiber Optic Networks with all the details and symbology as per the client standards. Create all the necessary documentation for construction, splicing diagrams, fiber allocation, synoptic.
- Produce as built documentation upon deployment termination.
- Ensure telecom installation are based on the clients approved plans and specifications.
- This person will also assist in managing existing subcontractors to ensure that issues are being resolved in a timely manner.
- The Telecom Implementation supervisor will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of Telecom material to subcontractor and implementation of projects, as well as monitor, analyse, plan service within the Telecommunications portfolio of services.
- This person will act as a technical advisor to department managers, and will provide reporting of outsourced contracts and project management.
Job duties and responsabilities:
- Compliance with All EHS Rules and regulations of the organization.
- Collect necessary data from field for achieving the project.
- Identify, expose, clarify and solve survey/design issues.
- Be able to evaluate case by case the best optimal solution of design.
- Checking standard forms of the project in different stages (survey, design, rectifications, approvals, as builds, updates).
- Elaborate detailed documentation (Data Packs) to customer.
- After approval prepare technical documentation for construction.
- Provide technical assistance to construction, subscriber installation and maintenance teams.
- Supervise on a daily basis all the teams in the field, follow them and verify their work.
- Instruct the teams in the field of the work to be done.
- Schedule all the tasks and distribute them to the teams.
- Verify the safety and security of the site to make sure all the rules and standards are being followed.
- Insure the progress of the works according the initial planning.
- Report in a daily basis all the progress of the network construction.
- Manage directly the in-house teams and the subcontractors.
- Follow the rules defined in the Environmental Management System,
- Report any environmental non-compliance identified.
Quality, safety and environment mission:
- To exceed the expectations of our customers and our internal objectives based on continuous improvement.
- Ensure all personnel at site have received EHS briefing about Health and Safety.
- Ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at the sites.
- Protecting, preventing, and keeping everyone and the environment safe.
Initial training and required experience:
- With at least three (3) years related experience in the field fixed network implementation, especially in Fiber Optic.
- Control office software packages (Excel, Word, Outlook Express), Internet Explorer and Google Earth.
- Spatial visualization ability to process, understand, locate, trace and remember the outside world information in spatial 2D and 3D relations among objects/buildings/streets during survey/design for navigation, understanding or fixing equipment, understanding or estimating distance and measurement, and relating intuitively multiple elements such as in hard copies maps, schematics, sketches, photos and Google Earth images.
- Field experience
- Customer interaction experience.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Technical knowledge in optic fiber network deployment, troubleshooting and optical project management experience will be an added advantage.
- Strategic thinking / Organization / Method / Anticipation / Respect of Deadlines / Stress tolerance.
- Discretion and Confidentiality / Coordinate action / Dynamic and initiative / proactively and Reactivity.
- Fluent with English and a local language.
- Engineering diploma and above in Telecommunication.
- Certificate in CAD Design.
Join us if you feel ready to take up the challenge!