Fiber Optic Splicer - Sierra Leone
Integrate a team of Fiber Optic Network construction. The target is to connect and terminate all the fibre optic cables with fusion splice. In different equipment’s of the network the connection to the fiber optical cable need to be done according the standards of the client.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
- Ability to fusion or mechanical splice SM or MM fiber optic cables, to include terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST,SC, LC)
- Work with engineers and/or OSP PM’s to perform fusion splicing as directed.
- Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope and or a Fiber OTDR.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
- Organize the fibre in the passive elements in clean and simple way
- Maintain and clean all the tools after usage
Specialist knowledge required:
- Valid driver license with clean driving record
- 2 years or more of fiber splicing experience in active plant
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to read prints, read and comprehend splice instructions
- Complete production paperwork with correct splice case information
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and basic computer skills to look up maps
- Willingness to safely complete any tasks that are assigned with a positive attitude
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be flexible
- Planning and organizing skills
- Strong technical background.
Office Location / Address:
Join us if you feel ready to take up the challenge!