Field Technician - Fiber Optics
Camusat is a multinational company with its presence all over the world and
over 2700 employees. Since 40’s the Company has grown and developed 5 business lines such as telecom sites
construction and installation, equipment installation and commissioning, power system renewable energies, fix and
fiber optic networks and managed services, maintenance and operations. We are looking for a talented individual to
join our dynamic, goal-oriented and open-minded team.
- Perform installation of fiber services for new clients and maintain the existing to ensure they work efficiently.
- Examine and replace faulty and old fiber optic cables and also organize scheduled maintenance routines.
- Plan and work with the internal designer to ensure the proper working of the network and its growth.
- Develop sensor indicators and conduct timely inspections to make sure that faulty fiber optic system does not destabilize its performance.
- Execute premises cabling at the client end.
- Keep track of the signal strength of different fiber routes to minimize depreciation of services.
- Formulate and maintain system records and system designs.
- Work with clients to ensure quality of standards are met.
Job duties and responsabilities:
- Compliance with All EHS Rules and regulations of the organization.
- Ability to fusion or mechanical splice SM or MM fiber optic cables, to include terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST,SC, LC)
- Work with engineers and/or OSP PM’s to perform fusion splicing as directed.
- Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope and or a Fiber OTDR.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
Quality, safety and environment mission:
- To exceed the expectations of our customers and our internal objectives based on continuous improvement.
- Protecting, preventing, and keeping everyone and the environment safe.
Initial training and required experience:
- 1 / more years of fiber splicing experience in an active plant.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and Visio and basic computer skills to look up blueprint designs and maps.
- Field experience
- Customer interaction experience.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Technical knowledge in splicing SM or MM fiber optic cables.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to read designs, prints and comprehend splice instructions.
- Valid driver license.
- Fluent in English and a local language.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Diploma or vocational training in any telecommunication or Electrical course.
Join us if you feel ready to take up the challenge!