Reporting to the Country Managing Director
Direct Reports: Procurement Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation of monthly and yearly financial reports in accordance with standards and reporting requirements, as well as ensuring that they are loaded to the group reporting platform by the regional deadlines for consolidation purposes. Monthly management reports are prepared for presentation to management in order to help in decision making and increase production efficiency.
Preparation of the yearly budget and periodic forecasts in accordance with the group requirements, as well as uploading to the group reporting platform. Report on periodic budget deviations and their causes, with an emphasis on expenditure variances for each department and the whole firm to help in decision making and performance measurement.
- Cash flow management/forecasting:
Controlling the company’s cashflow to ensure that all obligations are met when they become due in order to avoid any disruptions to operations.
- Cost accounting to ensure that all expenditures are authorized before they are incurred, and to monitor department usage to detect and advise on any overuse.
- Balance sheet reconciliations:
Verify that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled regularly, prior to the end of the month, to ensure that there are no anomalies or unsupported posts in financial reporting.
- Intercompany reporting:
To avoid discrepancies in intercompany reporting, ensure that intercompany accounts are reconciled before reporting monthly.
- Statutory Audits:
Coordination with external auditors to ensure that all audit requirements are filed, questions are answered, and implementation is completed.
- Prepayments and provision management:
Manage an accruals and provisions process that is efficient and dependable, based on trends, insights, and dependent events, and supported by supporting papers and approvals. Track all prepaid and expected expenditures, as well as applying timely and correct accruals and amortization, to ensure that the matching principle is followed and that the balances in the prepayments, provisions, and accruals accounts represent the real condition of the firm.
- Cost/Payables managements:
As a main control, the 3-way match concept is used to ensure correct and timely booking of invoices, cost estimates, and supplier reconciliations are done as a secondary check for all payments.
Verify all expenses to confirm that they are within budget and that any variances are documented.
Controlling the management and archiving of source and payment records for the time necessary to fulfill audit, legal, and tax obligations.
Ensure that suppliers, statutory payments, and salaries are paid on time.
Maintains strong connections with customers, suppliers, and other business partners while ensuring that any issues are addressed efficiently to safeguard the Camusat brand.
- Supporting in day-to-day operations and ad-hoc needs to ensure smooth running of the company and avail needed reports from finance department.
- Working Capital Management (Receivables’ AR, WIP, Inventory, Cash and AP)
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) + CPA or CIFA
- 7 – 10 years of Financial Management work experience. At least four (4) years of those years must been at a Supervisory/Managerial capacity
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry would be an added advantage.
- Extensive Microsoft Office skills are a requirement especially in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Candidate should be well vested with the Accounting ERP e.g. Sage Evolution or SAP as well as basic Knowledge of VIP Sage Payroll.
- Proven ability to complete Financial Controlling duties according to outlined scope, budget and timeline.
Recruiter’s email address
To apply, please email your cover letter, detailed and updated CV, three (3) referees and certified copies of Certificates and Omang to: email@example.com
Human Resources Department
Camusat Botswana (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 1911 ABG Sebele
Closing date: 15th June, 2022
Join us if you feel ready to take up the challenge!