NOC Operator - Fiber Optics
Camusat is a multinational company with its presence all over the world and
over 2700 employees. Since 40’s the Company has grown and developed 5 business lines such as telecom sites
construction and installation, equipment installation and commissioning, power system renewable energies, fix and
fiber optic networks and managed services, maintenance and operations. We are looking for a talented individual to
join our dynamic, goal-oriented and open-minded team.
- Ensure maximum possible service availability and performance.
- Provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
Job duties and responsabilities:
- Compliance with All EHS Rules and regulations of the organization.
- Manage and maintain the fiber Monitoring Systems (these avail reports on the status and performance of the fiber network).
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on network outages).
- Working remotely with the clients to resolve basic outages that may be handled on phone.
- Facilitate maintenance monitoring and management of the network and the systems and escalating to the field team where need be.
- Make daily, monthly and annual reports on service performance.
- Participate in a 24×7 call-out rota if required.
Quality, safety and environment mission:
- Protecting, preventing, and keeping everyone and the environment safe.
Initial training and required experience:
- A minimum of 12-18 months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Basic knowledge of optical fiber.
- Customer interaction experience.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Conversant with Excel and Word.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Fluent with English and a local language.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication.
- Basic Linux CLI skills.
- Basic sysadmin skills.
- Excellent reporting skills.
Join us if you feel ready to take up the challenge!