Regional HR - CSR & EHS (East Africa)
- Under the authority of the Regional Managing Director, drive and follows the realization of priorities of HR, CSR & EHS actions defined by the hierarchy.
- Provides functional management to local HR, CSR and EHS managers in the countries of the Region.
- Is responsible for monitoring and implementing audit action plans carried out within the scope of the function for the Region.
- Brings forward social, environmental, ethical, and governance aspects within the defined geographic area.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of the Group’s HR-CSR & EHS strategy
- Participate and contribute with the HR Director, CSR and EHS Cluster, in the development of HR, CSR and EHS priorities of the Region,
- Is responsible for the application of HR, CSR, EHS initiatives in the Region,
- Ensures the harmonization of HR practices together with the cluster’s Regional Managing Director and HR, CSR, EHS Director,
- Ensures effective communication of HR-CSR & EHS strategies and procedures,
- Ensures the respect and implementation of local policies, regulations and action plans on health, safety at work and the environment (EHS),
- Provides operational support to local HR-CSR & EHS interlocutors to ensure compliance of facilities and processes according to local regulations and EHS rules on health, safety and environment (EHS),
- Advises and assists the hierarchy in the management of their teams (mobility, career management, disciplinary …) as well as the associated arbitrations,
- Rolls out and adapts, if necessary locally, specific tools (forms, training materials, etc.) for internal services to facilitate decision-making, guarantees traceability and enhances procedures reliability,
- Provides support to local HR-CSR & EHS interlocutors in management awareness of the HR-CSR and EHS themes and organizes awareness-raising actions for all staff,
- Ensures the compliance of the evolution of the social legislation and the respect of the regulations internally,
- Supports local HR-CSR & EHS interlocutors during Recruitment and Training processes,
- From needs analysis and gathering to the integration of human resources (recruitment process) and the implementation of the training action (training process),
- Ensures the good management of expatriates in the countries of the Region.
- Coordination of resources and actions
- Functionally supervises employees and departments in charge of HR-CSR & EHS activities,
- Implements a program of continuous improvement of the HR-CSR & EHS processes with operational management within the Region.
- HR-CSR & EHS performance indicators: ensures the completeness, consistency and deadline compliance of the monthly, quarterly and annual reports of countries in the geographical area,
- CSR action plan: Drives the proper implementation of CSR actions in the countries and ensures the deadline for quarterly reporting.
- Communication and external lobbying Mission on the entities of the Region
- Ensures that the graphic charter of the company is respected,
- Supervises operations with partners,
- Ensures the good information of the employees and the actions defined by the Group’s HR-CSR & EHS policy,
- Federates teams around events (regional, internal seminar …),
- Applies the communication strategy internally,
- Consolidates the HR-CSR & EHS and Group Communication services for all organized events.
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of different areas of human resources management: recruitment, training, social law, career management, payroll, etc.
- Knowledge of different CSR concepts and requirements,
- Knowledge of the different EHS requirements,
- Global vision of the organization of the company,
- Be good at labor law and social law,
- Be good at general, economic and environmental knowledge,
- Master computer skills,
- Fluency in English (read, written and spoken), French as a plus.
- Empathy / Communication skills / Flexibility and thoroughness / Ability to persuade / Organization / Pragmatism / Ability to negotiate / proactive / Risk assessment quality / Anticipation / Rigor / Intellectual integrity / Curiosity / Critical sense.
INITIAL TRAINING AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCES
- Business School / MBA with option or specialization in Human resources or
- MA / MBA specialized in Human Resources Management,
- Significant 5-years’ experience as a HR manager position in a multicultural environment.
Please apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.