Managing people, processes and systems and make sure productivity targets are met. They also oversee the maintenance of warehouse and labour-management systems and may be involved in operating automated storage and retrieval systems.
3-6 months contract
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
1. Maintaining, receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
2. Safeguarding warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
3. Controlling inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
4. Having a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
5. Coordinating the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary e.g Sage Pastel.
6. Keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate
7. Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
8. Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
9. Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
Performance Measures and Targets:
• Monitoring stock levels.
• Administering stock control
• Ensuring that quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
• Processing work orders
• 1-2 years’ experience
Academic: Degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
Professional: Valid BCE driver’s licence and a certificate of good conduct
Specialist knowledge required:
Supervision, Developing Budgets, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analysing Information , Equipment Maintenance, Judgment
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Management and Supervision skills
• Ability to implement process improvement initiatives
• Vehicle tool kit
• Mobile phone
• Safety Kit
The deadline for application is 10/15/2017